Documentation requirements for the export of fish
As a fishing tourist, you have to document that you have been fishing under the auspices of a tourist fishing camp that are registered in the Norwegian Directorate of Fisheries’ Register.
The Norwegian Customs accepts an invoice or equivalent identification documents for the stay issued to a named person in the travel group or to each individual. In addition, the document has to contain:
- Name, address and VAT-number of the registered tourist fishing camp
- Name of the individual bringing the fishing quota of maximum 18 kg
- Date for the period of stay
- The number of persons the stay applies to
The Norwegian Customs will also accept a printout of the amount of fish each individual tourist fisherman has reported to the registered tourist fishing camp they have caught. Such a printout must identify:
- The registered tourist fishing camp
- The name of the individual that has fished the quota
- The amount of fish caught
You must print out the document before leaving Norway, and you must ensure that it is stamped and signed by the registered tourist fishing camp. The individuals listed in the document must be present when the fish is exported out of the country.
Norwegian Customs will accept a receipt or corresponding proof of the stay issued to a named person in the travel party or by person. This proof must further include:
- the registered tourist fishing enterprise’s name, address and business registration number
- the name of the person or persons that have fished under direction of the enterprise
- the period of the stay
- how many persons the stay applies to
Norwegian Customs will also accept a printout of what the individual tourist fisher has reported to have fished to the enterprise. Such a printout must state:
- the enterprise’s identity
- the person who has been fishing
- how much that has been fished
The document may be printed when leaving, and must be stamped and signed by the enterprise.
The individuals named in the document must be present when the fish is exported from the country.
The customs office will accept the invoice or equivalent credential document for the stay issued to the named person on the move or per person. Furthermore, this ID must contain:
- The registered tourist fishing company’s name, address and organization number
- Name of the person or persons who have fished under the direction of the business the time of your sta
- How many people the stay applies to
The Customs Office will also be able to accept a printout of what the individual tourist fishermen have reported to the business that they have fished. Such a printout must specify:
- Business identity
- Who has fished
- How much is fished
- The document can be printed on a return trip, stamped and signed by the business.
- The persons named on the document must be included when the fish are taken out of the country.